Share your Words * Share your Story!
We are now accepting submissions for the next anthology from Paulette Rees-Denis and Gypsy Caravan Tribal Bellydance®. This year’s theme is:
Dance and Desire: From the Body to the Page
Each anthology is lovingly compiled by Paulette and her team to share the community’s perspective on Gypsy Caravan Tribal Bellydance® and the magic that it creates, as well as any style of dance and movement! These bodies have to move!
Whether that magic appears in the awakening connecting you have found to your body, an opening of your heart, a deeper dive into life, or just the fostering of an appreciation for life as a dance – all of us as dancers are touched by this magic of movement. In past anthologies, dancers have discussed their very first impressions of the dance, their thoughts on stage performance, their thoughts on dancing through the winter. So many have contributed lovely thoughts and words…
And now YOU can be a part of this tradition!
What’s your dance story? How do the movements, music, community, costuming make you feel? And how has the beautiful dance enriched your life and spirit? We’re hunting for some great stories to share with our global community. Whether it’s an article, poem, drawing or photograph, we’d love to share your powerful experiences. This year, we’re asking dancers to describe how dance has shaped their desires and transformed their lives.
Deadline for this next release is March 15th, 2017!
All entries will receive a pdf copy of the first two anthologies as a thank you gift for participating!
General guidelines for submission to the anthology (the weekly blog, and upcoming podcast too!) can be found below…
We are starting a Podcast/Video Blog (actually continuing on from our Tribal Travels series!)…
Movement, Momentum, and Magic!
and the theme for the year is
Heart and Hustle: Women Healers, Movers, and Shakers!
We will be interviewing creative entrepreneurs, dancers, teachers, magic makers, poets, musicians, writers, movers and shakers for bi-weekly publication…is this you? Or do you have someone you would love to hear more about?
- View Our Vimeo Channel–these are our past Vlogs and performances…
Guest Posting Guidelines for our Blog
We love to publish guest posts that are the perfect fit for our blog, incorporating feminine empowerment and beauty, health and wellness, coaching and business, using movement and dance and words as the catalysts for living a gorgeously rich life! Are you writing about that? Bring it on…
General Guidelines for Written Posts:
- Please submit full, ready-to-publish articles. We will edit as necessary.
- 500 – 900 words work best.
- Post must be unique and not published anywhere else, unless agreed upon (until after our publication).
- Post should include at least one image that is Creative Commons or owned by you. If you do not own the rights to the photo, please include the source of the photo, and photographers name, so we can double-check the licensing.
- Please include your (short) bio, a link to your site, and a good quality headshot/photo.
- Your Gypsy Caravan Tribal Bellydance® experience – Did you attend a workshop, training or take a course and want to share the impact that it’s had on your dancing or your life? We want to hear it!
- Love to write about your dance, health, nutrition, wellness?
- Have you had a great experience incorporating dance and movement into your life? How has it changed your views on body shapes, age, sizes, friendships, collaborations, art, etc…
- Life and business coaching experiences, from both sides-client and coach…
- Self-connection and the art of living
- Have an amazing troupe of dancers and want to share what you do?
- Seen an amazing show that rocked your world, read a book the moved your spirit?
- Starting a business? Your experiences or advice…
- Are you a creative entrepreneur and have a suggestion to pass on about stepping up your art and business?
- Learned something from a teacher or a student or a stranger that is worth telling the world?
- Used dance, movement, and writing as a healing method for yourself or your clients?
- Why you dance? Meditate? Believe in a full creative life?
- Poetry, photographs, essays related to us!
- Get the idea?
Asking your for your patience as we get to responding back to you. We will read every submission and let you know as soon as we know if we can use your piece. Please do not submit articles that have no relationship to what we are about here at Gypsy Caravan/Paulette Rees-Denis Headquarters! We will not respond back to you if your article has nothing to do with our groove…
**Paulette loves to guest blog!
She has been featured and published in a multitude of international magazines and books. Do you desires a guest post from Paulette and stories about her world of healing, coaching, dance, poetry, or everyday magic? Let’s share and network! Contact us now!