April 27-30, 2017…
Paulette Rees-Denis presents
the 24th Annual
Women’s Dance and Desire Weekend
at Breitenbush Hot Springs, Detroit, OR
Dance and Desire: From the Body to the Page
A three day movement and writing journey
With Paulette Rees-Denis,
Lynea Gillen, and Elena Lipson
Honor, Claim, Desire
Three glorious days full of creative feminine expression, Gypsy Caravan Tribal Bellydance® and Tribal Grooves™, yoga, African dance, divine self-care, moving meditations, journaling, ritual, alone time, massages, soaking, sweating, labyrinths, rapid rivers, deep woods, delicious vegetarian meals, cozy rustic cabins, the desire of deep diving into your heart, your body, and soul… striving for self-connection…thriving on the time taken for yourself!
With words and movement, reverence and release, we honor, move within and from our delicious past into our present and sacred body, infusing and anointing ourselves with the magic of dreaming and desires.
With daily ceremony for our phases, dancing with sweaty wild abandon and sacred sensuality, alone and in our circle, drumming into journey, journaling into spaciousness, ripe with desires into our awakening!
Elena Lipson —
THE Divine Self-Care Mentor
Lynea Gillen —
Our Healing Dancing Vibrant Goddess
Join us for our Dance and Desire goddess weekend,
at Breitenbush Hot Springs, Detroit, OR
where we gather, dance, share, listen, write, create, workout, and gain clarity about what we truly desire, in our bodies and our hearts.
moving, manifesting, infusing
with the I am
that you truly are
Honor the was
Sweat the Release
Dance into the Magic
Claim the enoughness
Infuse your why
Awaken your desires
Life is a ceremony as we create magic with our bodies and our words…Join us!
I bring you Dance and Desire, with Tribal Grooves™ workouts, sessions of journaling our dreams and desires, and lively discussions with our dynamic circle of women … this time for YOU!
add luscious outdoor hot tubbing, steamy saunas, great vegetarian meals, relaxing time to hike, walk the labyrinth, nap, visit, get a massage, in the peacefulness of the mountains, and our circle of dancing women.
Join us to dance,
to be nourished and to nourish,
to dream and be dreamed,
to honor and cherish ourselves.
INFO? [email protected]
BEGINS: Thursday dinner ENDS: Sunday lunch
Again this year, I am excited to present to you
our Divine Self Care Mentor —
Elena Lipson is the Divine Self-Care Mentor, speaker, transformational coach and retreat leader. Elena is the creator of The Divine Self-Care Circle Mastermind, a soul-led journey for women who are ready to say YES to igniting their divine feminine and redefine the hustle in exchange for creating a life they love with ease and grace.
Through her speaking, writing, retreats, and online programs, Elena works with incredible women all over the world to help them become the #1 asset in their life, business, and the bedroom. Elena helps women reconnect to their intuition and reclaim their voice and body-wisdom.
Elena has lived in Russia, NYC, California and today happily enjoys the green trees and fresh air of the Pacific Northwest with her amazing husband, zen kiddo and sweet-soul pup Chi-Chi. You can learn more about her and her work at www.Elenalipson.com
and our Yoga Healing Goddess,
A decades-long proponent of somatic, body-based therapies, Lynea creatively melds dance, yoga, counseling, music, trauma releasing exercises (TRE) and “active play” into her work through her full-time counseling practice. A loving, committed therapist and communitarian, Lynea is one who lives her values, drawing from her rich personal experience to help others live with less pain and more joy.
and myself, Paulette Rees-Denis, your Tribal Hostess!
Paulette Rees-Denis is a catalyst for feminine celebration, awesomeness and expression. As a life coach, she gets you moving forward with your true spirit and desires using creative and personal tools for transformation and action, and adding a little bit of woo!
Paulette believes we create magic in our everyday lives, by being conscious, aware, and living from the heart. We dance, we move, forward with that beautiful intention, using practical tools, allowing time for our dreams to come into fruition, and use momentum in body and mind to make our life be what we want it to be!
With over 25 years as a creative entrepreneur, coach, and teacher, she has been traveling the globe guiding, innovating, training, networking, and creating in the Art, Life, and Gypsy Caravan Tribal Bellydance® world.
IN A COMMUNITY OF AMAZING WOMEN, A RETREAT AND A CELEBRATION!
Dance and Desire—Won’t you join us this year?
Celebrate– to give yourself the time, the space, the freedom, to quest, to move and groove and shimmy and sweat, to laugh, to let the tears flow, to soak and steam and hike and write, to sit, just sit, with yourself and each other, for the weekend that is your treat, your gift to yourself, and then, allow it to unfold into realness and bliss all around you. wow….
What have women said about this annual weekend?
Written up in Fuse Magazine….2014
Immersion Retreat, Tribal Rocks Breitenbush 2014
I have been intending to go to the Tribal Bliss belly dance retreat for years, and in 2014 I finally made it a priority. The 21st annual women’s Tribal belly dance retreat was held in April in its annual location at Breitenbush Hot Springs in Oregon. In addition to Paulette and Lynea, instructors for 2014 also included Cammi Vance (Darshan) and Carol Vance.
Participants stay in cabins along the Willamette River and are invited to dance, meditate, journal, heal through TRE (tension release exercises), soak in the hot springs, and participate in deep discussions and bond with fellow dancers over the three day weekend. We also were treated to delicious vegetarian meals (and I’m a meat eater!), a relaxed performance salon on Saturday and more time in the hot springs, which are so fabulous they deserve a second mention.
To say the weekend was refreshing, rejuvenating and inspiring would be an understatement. Even months after attending, I am still processing all the insight I have gained about dance, health – and life.
Breitenbush Tribal weekend: What is a dream if not a vision of what may become reality? And what is reality to each of us? Desire for community,connection…to women to Earth. A venue to host collective expression. How can one explain the balance,that special energeticflow defining this weekend? Certainlythe effort and focus of our leader, her belief in the mystery defining the soil from which we bloom. But there was more…Each woman honoring the others. Each woman sharing the abundance. Each woman being vulnerable enough to share her truth. And each woman allowing flow to lighten her spirit. Breathe in possibility… And exhale LOVE.
Thank you, thank you, thank you! For such a fantastic retreat! I have never felt so rejuvenated 🙂 I loved everything about this experience. Brietenbush is amazing, my new “home away from home”. What an incredible group of ladies you attract! All of the talented instructors and dancers. Wow, I am so inspired and thankful for this opportunity to learn this dance and be surrounded by such lovely people.
What was your favorite thing about the weekend?
- My most favorite thing about the weekend was connecting with the other women and discovering that I am not alone in the way I feel sometimes. I wrote in my journal while I was there: “The connectedness of the circle is so affirming. Every woman here is different yet the same. This is comforting to me in a way I didn’t think possible. A community in a way I did not expect. We are shedding old thoughts and ways of being. Becoming more while becoming less.”
- The feeling of openness, love, ecstasy.
- me time – dancing, exploring, self care… the lot!
- being surrounded by empowered women! and dancing.
- I thought the weekend was a great balance of dance, movement, inner work and inspiration.
- The Sisterhood of dancing together was the greatest feeling !! And I loved all the new friends I met there. It is difficult to pick just one thing, as I really loved the “Self Care” and the African Dancing (new to me), and was already in love with Tribal Belly Dance.
- Collaboration with three facilitators.
- Morning ritual
- Beautiful location, dancing, being with friends, great food and of course soaking in the tubs.
- The energy of the space that we hold. The dance, laughter and the tears.
- Dance jam Saturday night
- Hard to pick just one thing. Probably the community and sisterhood. I have never experienced anything like it. I felt welcome, encouraged, supported and able to do anything without being judged.
- Can’t decide – food, dance, friends and soaking!
- The variety of wonderful instruction, getting to see more of classmates I barely knew, meeting a wonderful new roommate.
What was your least favorite thing about the weekend?
- When it ended. I could have stayed forever in such a beautiful, spirit-filled place.
- Leaving!! 🙂 It was so hard to walk away!
- Wish it was a bit longer.
- Sunday when it was over.
- That it had to end.
Would you recommend this retreat to your friends?
- Absolutely – Beautiful setting, wonderful people, amazing connections and new friends, fabulous Hot Soaking, and our “class time” was just perfect. The teachers, Paulette, Lynea, and Elena were really great !!!!
- Absolutely. Dance, eat chocolate, soak in hot springs, repeat. What’s not to love?
- Yes. Inspiration and community. New ideas.
- Yes! Self-care and connecting with the divine feminine within is extremely important to me. finding a group to rekindle that passion, who takes these concepts seriously and treats them with respect without clouding them in religious dogma, is necessary for my survival. I suspect other likeminded women would appreciate the welcoming, non-judgmental atmosphere of this retreat.
- Absolutely! I have! Apart from the world, without phones, computers, family, work – it’s little bit of heaven! We were doing hard work too – the work we need to do on ourselves, for ourselves, so that we can help lift this world a bit higher.
- Yes! To my dancer folks for sure. It’s a fabulous way to see the country, be with women who are similar in mind, body and spirit.
This is a fabulous blend for our weekend of Dance and Desire-add luscious outdoor hot tubbing, steamy saunas, great vegetarian meals, relaxing time to hike, walk the labyrinth, nap, visit, get a massage, in the peacefulness of the mountains, and our circle of dancing women. This retreat just gets stronger and more remarkable every year!
This is for all women, all ages, all sizes, no dance experience necessary!
Included in the weekend fee are all of your delicious vegetarian meals, the various dance, writing, meditation, yoga, and healing classes, groups discussions, time for soaking in geo-thermal hot tubs and sweating in the amazing sauna, your shared rustic and cozy cabin (roommate requests taken but not guaranteed). Daily ceremonies to celebrate our process and journeys. Time for a massage and downtime, relax, reflect, and do the joyful deep work!
And on Saturday night, we have our infamous informal salon where you can show us your stuff—-be it dance, poetry, a song, a story, yourself!
A fabulous long weekend, Breitenbush–here we come!
**This retreat sells out quickly so don’t wait!
**YES, this year it is longer, 3 nights… more special time for you! Time to really arrive into yourself and enjoy the experience…
Retreat starts Thursday night at dinner until Sunday at noon before lunch. (yes, you can come early, just register through Breitenbush)
Breitenbush Hot Springs is a 2 1/2 hour drive south east of Portland, in the mountains. Some people are flying into the Portland airport. You can rent a car at the airport. If you can offer a ride, please let us know, and we will send it out. Carpooling is a great thing!
Roommate requests gladly taken, but not guaranteed…Please let me know ASAP who you want to room with. Cabins hold 2-3, with a few bunk cabins for 4 gals! You will be assigned roommates. Some cabins have bathrooms and some don’t, see pricing differences. But bathrooms are close by, no problem!
Cabin with bathroom $497.00, …Limited quantity of these so don’t wait! I can’t quarantee you a bathroom cabin at this time but will try my best!
Cabin w/o bathroom $457.00
REGISTER HERE NOW~
Deposit of $195.00 will hold your spot. Must be paid in full before workshops starts. Early discounted registration must be paid in full by 1/15/17.
All meals are vegetarian. Food sensitivities can possibly be met, you need to tell me if you are vegan or gluten-free, by April 1. If you drink coffee, you bring your own coffee and pot to use, and there is a group refrigerator for a small amount of your own labeled food.
You make your own massage appointment through their office. You need to bring your own bedding and towels, or they can be rented for the weekend for a small additional fee — again you need to let me by April 1 if you want to rent bedding and towels.
Questions? contact Paulette at [email protected]
A more detailed schedule will be sent out after the holidays. Plus directions, and what else to bring.
*Please note: There are no refunds or exchanges.
So, do join us and make this year the best yet!
As always, I am grateful to have this opportunity to hostess this amazing yearly retreat, and that YOU are here to join in1